← Back to News & Updates
1-100: Anthem Plan & Rate Updates Effective January 2017
Oct 27, 2016
Anthem Blue Cross announced rate DECREASES for January 1, 2017 effective dates. Underwriting promotions have been extended. We have plan details and rates are available for
- HMO: -4.6% average DECREASE
- PPO: -1.2% average DECREASE
Dental (Legacy): RATE PASS
Dental (Prime & Complete): modest DECREASE
Vision: modest DECREASE
Life: RATE PASS
The Anthem Priority Select HMO network will be eliminated beginning with January 1, 2017 effective dates.
AB 1305 Impact on HSA Plans
AB 1305 requires that all plans have an embedded deductible. It also requires that a family plan have a per member deductible that does not exceed an individual subscriber's deductible, with an exception for HDHP plans:
- HDHP plans must have an individual deductible WITHIN family coverage that is equal to the greater of the single deductible OR the IRS minimum family deductible.
- IRS minimum family coverage deductible is $2600 in 2017.
- In addition, all Small Group plans, except Bronze, may not have a single deductible greater than $2000.
- 90-day Retail Benefit: members may receive up to a 90-day supply in one fill at the retail pharmacy. This applies to Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. Example: a 90-day supply at a retail pharmacy for a $15 Tier 1 copay will cost $45.
- Tiered Generic Drug Copays: Tier 1a will apply a $5 copay and Tier 1b will apply a $15 or $20 copay.
- These pharmacy changes do not apply to SHOP mirrored plans.
- Underwriting promotions EXTENDED through March 31, 2017 include:
- Participation reduced to 30% for five (5) or more enrolled.
- DE-9C is not required for six (6) or more enrolled.
- Groups may offer two (2) Anthem HMO networks alongside each other.
- January anniversary date change may be requested by December 28, 2016.
- October 24th: January 2017 renewals will be released via Producer Toolbox.
- October 28th: January 2017 renewals will be mailed to employers.
- November 1st: Approximate date January 2017 SBCs will be available.
JANUARY BOOK RATES
Book rates for January 2017 effective dates are provided below and on the b&p website.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.