← Back to News & Updates
1-100: Anthem Rate Adjustments Effective January 2016
Sep 29, 2015
Anthem Blue Cross has announced updates for January 1, 2016 effective dates including rate decreases, plan modifications, and a formulary change.
Rates are available for quoting!
- HMO: 7.2% Average DECREASE
- PPO: 0.4% Average DECREASE
Dental (Dental Net): RATE PASS
Dental (Prime & Complete): moderate rate increase
Vision: moderate rate increase
Life: RATE PASS
PLANS & BENEFITS
- The Medical portfolio will experience many benefit changes.
- Anthem will offer a Full Network Platinum PPO plan.
- All Medical plans will utilize the Anthem Select Drug List. Please note "pending regulatory approval."
- 100% of Top 25 most prescribed drugs covered.
- Minimum disruption of 3%.
- Minimum employer HSA contributions have been removed.
- All plans will include a routine adult vision exam.
- Plan summaries are pending release on November 1, 2015.
- The Prime & Complete Dental portfolio will not experience any plan or benefit changes. The portfolio will; however, be available to all Small Groups up to 100.
- Click here to view the Prime & Complete portfolio.
- The Blue View Vision portfolio is expanding to 32 plans, including Full Service, Materials Only, and Exam Only offerings.
- Click here to view the new 2-100 portfolio.
- Participation requirements will change back to:
- 1-14 eligible: 70%
- 15+ eligible: 50%
- October 20th: January 2016 renewals will be released via Producer Toolbox. IMPORTANT NOTE: Producer renewals will no longer be mailed.
- October 27th: January 2016 group renewals will be mailed.
Summaries for January 2016 effective dates are provided below and are also available on the
JANUARY BOOK RATES
Book rates for January 2016 effective dates are provided below and are also available on the
contact any member of your b&p Sales Team for assistance with quote requests and questions regarding the details above - 888.722.3373.