← Back to News & Updates
1-100: CaliforniaChoice January 2017 Renewal Information
Sep 28, 2016
CaliforniaChoice has notified employers their 2017 portfolio is changing to reflect both new benefit plans and benefit plans that will no longer be available in 2017. CaliforniaChoice is required to send the enclosed regulatory notification about the benefit plans that will no longer be available. Renewal packets will include information about new benefits and new benefit plans.
Beginning with January 2017 renewals, the following benefit plans will no longer be offered through CaliforniaChoice:
- Aetna Bronze HMO B
- Aetna Silver HMO B
- Aetna Gold HMO A
- Aetna Gold HMO B
- Anthem Gold EPO A
- Sharp Bronze HMO C
- Sutter Silver HMO A
- Sutter Silver HMO D
- Sutter Gold HMO C
- Sutter Platinum HMO C
- United Healthcare Bronze HMO A
- Western Health Bronze HMO A
These changes are being made to comply with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and health insurance regulations. This means that employees will need to choose a new benefit plan for their health insurance coverage. This letter explains available options.
What You Should Know
- CaliforniaChoice will not be renewing employees into these benefit plans in 2017
- Employees currently enrolled in one of these plans will be automatically renewed into a different benefit plan through CaliforniaChoice, unless they choose another benefit plan option.
- Employees will be able to review all of their benefit plan options when renewal worksheets are distributed to employees.
- there will be differences in the cost shares and premium between the current coverage and the new coverage.
- employees can also choose any other CaliforniaChoice benefit plan options available to them.
No Action Needed At This Time
There's nothing to do right now. Renewal packets will be received within the next 30 days with specific information about 2017 benefits, plans, and rates.
View the Employer Letter for more information.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.