← Back to News & Updates
1+: New Lens Benefit Options Effective October 2016
Sep 08, 2016
Renewal Option Advantages Available for
Transitional Relief Groups
See how your 1-50 client groups may find that
their most cost-effective renewal option is to move their plan to a Jan. 1,
2017 plan year and take advantage of the benefits of transitional relief
through the end of 2017.
- Commission Update: As previously announced, UnitedHealthcare will no longer include commissions in premium for groups in the "large group" size segment in select states. Learn more.
Health Care Reform
- IRS Group Survey Update: Friday, Aug. 26 marks the end of the Small Business IRS Aggregate Group survey. To collect and validate 1095-B information for the 2016 tax year, a letter was sent to your small business fully insured clients requesting them to confirm if they are a controlled group, association or with the Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement. Learn more
- Medicare Creditable Coverage Reminder: The Medicare Modernization Act mandates that certain entities offering prescription drug coverage, including employer and union group health plan sponsors, disclose to all Medicare-eligible individuals with prescription drug coverage under the plan whether such coverage is "creditable." Learn more
Plans & Services
- Vision Plan Update: Effective Oct. 1, UnitedHealthcare vision will offer two new contact lens benefits and updates to the lens options price protection list. Learn more
Client Health Resources
- Zika Virus Update: Share the Zika Virus flier with your clients' members. The flier contains helpful information about the virus including symptoms, preventive steps, how it's spread and additional contacts.
- The following monthly observance can be directly copied and placed in your clients' employee communications. For additional wellness information visit the Communication Resource Center.
- September is Cholesterol Awareness Month: Check out the September newsletter for ways to lower cholesterol.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.