Aetna has revised their RAF promotion guidelines for effective dates January 1, 2011 - June 15, 2011.
- .90 RAF: 15-50 CA medically enrolling employees
- .92 RAF: 10-14 CA medically enrolling employees
for Aetna's current RAF promotion
- Groups must submit a copy of their 'original' current AND prior renewal or their issued RAF at new business.
- Aetna will only accept the original renewal received by a group to determine eligibility; revised renewals will not be accepted.
- Groups applying for the guaranteed RAF must be AB1672 eligible and have a current RAF of 1.06 or less with their current carrier.
- Groups must apply for the RAF promotion prior to final underwriting approval.
- AB1672 eligible groups moving from a large group contract are eligible if the group provides a large group renewal of less than 20% increase within 90 days of their requested effective date.
- Groups that received a 10-point RAF increase are ineligible.
- Groups with 30% or more COBRA/Cal-COBRA enrollees are ineligble.
- COBRA/Cal-COBRA enrollees do not count toward enrolled employee counts.
- Groups moving from CaliforniaChoice, Contractor's Choice, HSA California, Kaiser Permanente Choice Solution and/or groups that have withdrawn from Aetna within 12 months of the requested date are ineligible.
- Carve out groups (management / non-management, union / non-union) and PEO groups are ineligible.