← Back to News & Updates
2-50: Aetna's New & Improved RAF Promo Effective August 1, 2013
Jul 16, 2013
Aetna is excited to announce their new & improved RAF promotion through effective dates August 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013. Groups of 3 enrolled are now eligible for a .90 RAF!
Group Size: Less than 3 Enrolling Automatic 1.10
Group Size 3+: Maximum .90 RAF if they meet the program rules & eligibility criteria
To qualify for the guaranteed RAF, groups must meet the below criteria:
- AB1672 eligible.
- Less than 31% COBRA/CalCOBRA enrollees. COBRA/CalCOBRA enrollees do not count toward the enrolled employee counts.
- Groups must apply for the RAF promotion prior to final underwriting approval.
Other eligible groups:
- PEO - Groups with 10+ enrolling coming from a PEO (excluding groups coming from an Aetna PEO) if they meet all other guidelines.
- No Prior Coverage - Groups with 10+ enrolling with no prior coverage for the previous 3 months and meet all other guidelines.
- CaliforniaChoice - Groups 10+ enrolling coming from CaliforniaChoice if they meet all other guidelines.
- Large Groups - Groups coming from a large group contract if they can provide a large group renewal of less than a 20% increase and qualify per AB1672. Contact Aetna for groups that did not receive a large group renewal due to group size or groups moving from an Aetna large group contract.
- Groups funding a portion of the employee’s deductible, copayment/coinsurance are eligible for a .95 RAF if their renewal RAF is 1.0 or lower and they meet the program rules and eligibility criteria. (Please note: HSA plans are eligible for RAF promo when funding is through a federally qualified HSA).
Please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team for assistance with your Aetna quotes - 888.722.3373.
- Groups coming from Contractor’s Choice, HSA California, Kaiser Permanente Choice Solution, Associations, or groups that have withdrawn from Aetna within 12 months of the requested date are not eligible.
- Carve out groups (management/non-management, union/non-union) are not eligible.