← Back to News & Updates
2-50: Aetna's Revised 'Wrapping' and 'Self-Funding' Rules
Apr 13, 2011
Aetna Small Group has announced updates to their 'wrapping' and 'self-funding' guidelines for new and renewing business, effective immediately.
Wrapping and self-funding is permitted, however, the following guidelines must be applied:
Statement of Understanding, New Business
Statement of Understanding, Renewing Business
- Employers may fund up to 50% of the deductible for all plans, except HSA plans.
- Groups making a plan change at renewal will be subject to funding a maximum of 50% of the deductible.
- Employers offering HSA plans and making contributions to a federally qualified HSA account, such as Health Equity, can fund up to the maximum amount allowed by the Federal Government.
- Aetna will continue to request a Statement of Understanding for all new business submissions and renewals to confirm groups are only funding a maximum of 50% of the deductible.
- Employers funding a portion of the employee's deductible, copayment/coinsurance will only be eligible for Aetna's RAF promotion when using Aetna HealthFund HRA.
- HSA plans are eligible for RAF promo when funding is through a federally qualified HSA.
Should you have questions, please contact your b&p Group Sales Representative at 888.722.3373.