George L. Mee Memorial Hospital
has been added to Aetna's MC and PPO network effective November 15, 2009. George L. Mee Memorial Hospital is located in Kings City, CA (Southern Monterey County).
Effective December 1, 2009, the HMO and HMO HRA Network service area is expanding in the following counties (partial): Kings, Nevada, Tulare, and Madera (additional zip codes added to existing HMO county). This service area expansion adds 14 hospitals to the Central Valley HMO service area. Click here
to view the list of facilities
Biggs-Gridley Memorial Hospital
in Gridley, CA, will be terminating from Aetna's MC and PPO networks. This termination will be effective February 17, 2010. An alternate hospital in the immediate area is Oroville Hospital located in Oroville, CA.
Southern California - Value Network
The Aetna Value Network
will have the following changes, effective January 1, 2010:
- Additions (Los Angeles County): Seoul Medical Group, Applecare - Select, and Applecare - Whittier
- Terminations (Los Angeles County): Applecare Medical Group - Downey
- Terminations (San Bernardino County): United Family Care
Affected members are sent written notifications advising them that their PCP will no longer be available through the AVN network. Members are being directed to Aetna Member Services to select a new PCP, and to address any potential Transition of Care issues.
Lakeside Medical Group
and Lakeside Affiliated Groups
merged into Health Physician Network, effective November 1, 2009. The new names are:
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Burbank
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Central Valley
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside North Valley
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Santa Clarita
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Glendale
- Heritage Physician Network - Community Medical Group
- Heritage Physician Network - Eastland Medical Group
- Heritage Physician Network - Verdugo Hills Medical Group
- Heritage Physician Network - West Covina Medical Clinic
There will be no interruption of services for current members during this transition. For new members previously unable to select a PCP from Lakeside Medical Group or Lakeside Affiliated Group, the PCP panels will be reopened when the groups are moved under the new Heritage Physician Network, which may take a few weeks to complete.
La Vida Medical Group & IPA
Effective December 2, 2009, the Department of Managed Health Care has issued a Cease & Desist Order requiring Aetna and all other health plans to immediately stop assigning any new enrollees to any of the LaVida groups. LaVida Medical Group & IPA
consists of LaVida Medical Center - Civic Center, LaVida Medical Center - Fox Hills, LaVida Medical Center - Gardena, LaVida Medical Center - Grand, LaVida Medical Center - San Pedro and LaVida Prairie Medical Center. LaVida members through other health plans, who are switching their coverage to Aetna, must select a PCP who is affiliated with an alternate IPA/Medical Group.
Sansum Clinic Behavioral Health
in Santa Barbara will terminate from Aetna's Behavioral Health network for the HMO, QPOS and HMO/HRA effective January 1, 2010. This was an interim agreement to allow Sansum providers to render outpatient behavioral health services to HMO members through December 31, 2009. Aetna Behavioral Health maintains an agreement with College Health IPA to provide outpatient behavioral health services to HMO members in Santa Barbara County.