← Back to News & Updates
2-50: Health Net's 24-Month Renewal Opportunity
Sep 16, 2013
We are pleased to announce Health Net’s Sure Thing Option 24 for small business groups (SBG)! This is an opportunity for SBG clients to obtain a two-year extension during the time that the most sweeping provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will be taking effect in 2014.
It is important to ensure employers understand all the benefits of the ACA; however, it can take some time to absorb all that it encompasses. If your clients are still evaluating the impact to their existing plan(s) and need more time to make decisions, they can have it. Health Net wants California small business groups to have the opportunity of participating in this 24-month renewal program.
California small business groups can take advantage of this offer if:
- They are a new small business group with an effective date of December 1, 2013; or
- They are participating in early renewal under their Sure Thing Option program, effective December 1, 2013; or
- Their regular renewal is December 1, 2013.
This means that under Sure Thing Option 24, small business groups can remain on one of the 2013 plans listed below from December 1, 2013 through November 30, 2015!
This 24-month renewal offer is available for the following California SBG plans only:
- All SmartCare plans
- All Salud HMO y Mas plans
- ExcelCare Network (previously Silver Network) EOA 30 Value
- ExcelCare Network (previously Silver Network) EOA 40 Value
- ExcelCare Network (previously Silver Network) EOA 50 Value
- ExcelCare Network (previously Silver Network) EOA 35 Advantage
- ExcelCare Network (previously Silver Network) EOA 45 Advantage
What you need to know:
- The 24-month renewal option is available to California small business groups who are new or renewing December 1, 2013. This offer is available to groups who currently have one or more of the plans above, or who are in the SmartCare, Salud HMO y Mas or ExcelCare Network service area and want to add one or more of the plans to their group offering effective December 1, 2013.
- This is a great incentive for small business groups who were previously offered the early renewal option. Please note: Employers who were offered the early renewal program were mailed letters on August 30, 2013. Employers who have an SBG plan that qualifies for the 24-month renewal, or who are in the service area and want to add one of the plans to their group offering, will be mailed letters on September 18, 2013. Broker letters were mailed September 16, 2013. Copies of the broker and employer letters are listed below for your reference.
- Only the plans listed above are available for 24-month renewal. Groups can add one or more of the plans to their December 1, 2013 plan offering. They should call their Health Net accont manager if they want to add plans. Standard Underwriting Guidelines apply.
for the 24-month renewal broker letter.
for the 24-month renewal employer letter.
For any questions regarding Health Net or early renewal options, contact you b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.