← Back to News & Updates
2-50: Policy Modified for Groups with a Wrap or Self-Funding Arrangement
Aug 27, 2009
Aetna Small Group has modified their policy for groups with a wrap or self-funding arrangement.
- Aetna will allow an employer to offer up to 3 plans, including the product(s) used in conjunction with a 'wrap-around' product. Pick A Plan may not be offered.
- Plans that may be offered in conjunction with a 'wrap-around' product remain the MC HRA HDHP $3000 and/or the HMO Deductible $1000.
- The employer must complete the Employer's Statement of Understanding, identifying the plans they will be offering.
- The Employer's Statement of Understanding must also be signed when 50% or more of the employees enroll in an Aetna plan with a $1000 deductible or higher.
- The Employer's Statement of Understanding is not required when 100% of the employees are enrolling in either the HMO Deductible $1000 and/or the MC HRA HDHP $3000.
By signing the Employer's Statement of Understanding, the employer/broker is representing that no portion of the employee's deductible will be funded for the plans offered in addition to the MC HRA HDHP $3000 and HMO Deductible $1000.
for the Employer's Statement of Understanding. Please contact
your Beere & Purves Sales Representative with any questions.