← Back to News & Updates
2-50: Updated RAF Promotion Effective October through January 2013
Sep 06, 2012
Aetna is pleased to announce their new RAF promotion.
Group Size 2-5
Group Size 6-7*
Maximum .95 RAF if their renewal RAF is 1.0 or lower and they meet the program rules & eligibility criteria
Group Size 8+
Maximum .90 RAF if group meets program rules & eligibility criteria
To qualify for the guaranteed RAF, groups must meet the below criteria:
- AB1672 eligible.
- Current RAF of 1.06 or less.
- Less than 10-point increase in their RAF at last renewal.
- Less than 31% COBRA/CalCOBRA enrollees. COBRA/CalCOBRA enrollees do not count toward the enrolled employee counts
- Groups must submit a copy of both their current and last year’s renewal or their issued RAF at new business. The current renewal must be the original renewal, not a revised renewal (RAF).
- Groups must apply for the RAF promotion prior to final underwriting approval.
Other eligible groups:
- PEO - Groups with 10+ enrolling coming from a PEO (excluding groups coming from an Aetna PEO) if they meet all other guidelines.
- No Prior Coverage - Groups with 10+ enrolling with no prior coverage and meet all other guidelines.
- CalChoice - Groups 10+ enrolling coming from CalChoice if they meet all other guidelines.
- Large Groups - Groups coming from a large group contract if they can provide a large group renewal of less than a 20% increase and qualify per AB1672. Contact Aetna for groups that did not receive a large group renewal due to group size or groups moving from an Aetna large group contract.
- Groups funding a portion of the employee’s deductible, copayment/coinsurance are eligible for a .95 RAF if their renewal RAF is 1.0 or lower and they meet the program rules and eligibility criteria. (Please note: HSA plans are eligible for RAF promo when funding is through a federally qualified HSA).
- Groups coming from Contractor’s Choice, HSA California, Kaiser Permanente Choice Solution, Associations, or groups that have withdrawn from Aetna within 12 months of the requested date are not eligible.
- Carve out groups (management/non-management, union/non-union) are not eligible.
*Groups with 6 or more enrolling are eligible for lower RAF upon review of medical information on the application.
Please contact your b&p Group Sales Representative to discuss the details above - 888.722.3373.