← Back to News & Updates
2+: Anthem's Advanced Renewal Available for Larger Small Groups
Oct 23, 2013
Anthem is ready with their advanced renewal option for small groups (NOW for Small Groups with 2-or MORE total employees, with an effective renewal date anytime in 2014
Anthem's new approach is to offer Advanced Renewal to all groups enrolled in their current Small Group Portfolio (2-50), even groups with 50 or more employees, moving their anniversary effective date to December 1, 2013*. Additionally, your clients that are enrolled in the Small Group Portfolio that have 50 or more employees may be eligible to obtain a Large Group policy proposal.
Benefits of advanced renewal:
- Keep the Anthem Blue Cross plans your groups are familiar with and ensure stability during changing times
- Gives your groups time to evaluate all the options under the new ACA guidelines
- Aligns your group's renewal dates for medical, vision, dental and life coverage for maximum convenience
- Locks in Q4 2013 pre-community-rated rates
- Gives your group a new 12-month guarantee**
Early renewal may not benefit all Groups. If a Group makes the decision to exercise the early renewal option, the Group will be responsible for compliance with ERISA, the Affordable Care Act and any other applicable federal or state law. A Group should consult legal, benefit and/or other professional advice regarding compliance with these requirements and to determine if early renewal would be beneficial.
If you think advanced renewal is the right option for your client, complete this simple four-step process by November 15, 2013:
- Access your group's advanced renewal proposals on the eRenewal site. If you aren't registered for eRenewals, we have several other options to help you:
- Call Agent Support (800-678-4466), Account Manager (if applicable) or Enrollment & Billing (800-627-8797)
- If the group was written through beere&purves, request through beere&purves
- Run a quote using the current census information and a December 1, 2013 effective date
- Request a quote from Rapid Quote (Fax-800-944-0250)
- You and your client discuss the advanced renewal option
- Your client completes the advanced renewal opt in form
- You mail, fax or email the form to beere&purves or Anthem Blue Cross (see instructions on the advanced renewal opt in form) by November 15, 2013
HURRY - Advanced renewals must be completed by November 15, 2013
Anthem's updated FAQ has full details on the advanced renewal option.
Contact your b&p Sales Team for more information regarding Anthem's Advanced Renewal - 888.722.3373.
*It's important to note that not every group will benefit from changing their anniversary date. Because this option requires a change to your group's plan year, your client should discuss this option with its legal or tax advisor before choosing it.
**Future state or federal legislative changes may impact rate guarantee