Choose greater stability with Aetna's Small Group Plus Solution. Eligible groups* with 51 to 100 employees can keep their current rates through November 30, 2016. New Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements for groups with 51 to 100 employees will take effect in January 2016. Employers now have an opportunity to choose greater stability and predictability with Aetna's Small Group Plus Solution Program.
Small Group Plus Solution lets new and renewing groups change their renewal date to December 1, 2015.
Included with this offer:
- The option to extend these rates through November 30, 2016 if your client changes their renewal date to December 1, 2015. If your client chooses to do so, they will start a new 12 month contract that will be in effect from December 1, 2015 - November 30, 2016.
* Eligible states include California, Colorado, Maryland, Nevada and New York.
The terms of this offer are as follows:
** These rates reflect their original contract.
- Aetna will not increase rates if your clients change their renewal date to December 1, 2015. They will keep their rates through November 30, 2016.**
- Calendar year benefits will reset on January 1, 2016, as expected.
- Your clients will need to sign an early renewal request form at the time of the initial sale or renewal effective date.
- Your clients will need to notify their employees. They must also download and distribute a new Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for the December 1, 2015 new renewal date.
When do your clients need to decide if they want to elect the Small Group Plus Solution offer? Why?
Aetna must receive all Small Group Plus Solution offer decisions IN WRITING on their form by the deadline that they communicate. The deadline gives them adequate time to provide updated Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) for their distribution to subscribers.
Why is the deadline so important and strict?
Aetna's goal is to provide the best service possible. And they must follow certain procedures to move a group's renewal to December 2015. Having a firm deadline gives them the time needed to process the contract in a timely and efficient manner.
How does the renewal process work?
The renewal process stays the same.
Will your clients have an open enrollment period for the December 2015 renewal?
Yes, but the renewal will be silent. This means Aetna will complete processing behind the scenes and your clients will not receive a renewal notice.
How will the renewal cycles for ancillary products (dental, wellness, etc.) be affected?
Renewal for ancillary products will align with the medical plan. Renewal dates for those products used by your client will change to December 1, along with the medical renewal date, if chosen by your client.
Will members' deductibles and accumulators reset?
Yes. Calendar year deductibles and accumulators will reset on January 1, 2016, as expected.
Employers can get the stability and predictability they deserve with Small Group Plus Solution. To accept this offer, simply have your clients sign the form and include it with their renewal or new business paperwork.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.