← Back to News & Updates
51-100: Updates to Aetna Small Group Plus Solution
Aug 14, 2015
As Aetna previously communicated, their groups can choose greater stability with Aetna Small Group Plus Solution. Eligible groups* with 51 – 100 employees can now keep their current rates through December 31, 2016.
- New groups with effective dates of July - December could have their rates extended to December 31, 2016.
- Groups with renewal dates of January – December 2015 will have the option to renew as of December 1, 2015, and could have their rates extended to December 31, 2016.
Included with this offer:
- The option to extend their rates through December 31, 2016, if they change their renewal date to December 1, 2015. If they choose to do so, they will start a new 13-month contract that will be in effect from December 1, 2015, to December 31, 2016.
*California is the only eligible state for this offer
The terms of this offer are as follows:
- Calendar year benefits will reset on January 1, 2015, as expected.
- Groups will need to sign an updated early renewal request form no later than November 1, 2015.
- Groups will need to notify their employees. Groups must also download and distribute a new Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for the December 1, 2015, new renewal date.
- Groups that have already signed an early renewal request form will be contacted by the Field Client Manager to sign an updated form to extend the rates to December 31, 2016.
- Groups with January – June renewal dates will receive their December renewal information by mid-September.
- Groups with a 15th of the month effective date will renew on December 15, 2015, and January 15, 2017.
Aetna is ready for your 4th quarter renewals with competitive rates and broad product portfolios, along with the stability and predictability that groups deserve.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.