← Back to News & Updates
51+: Aetna Enhances EAP (within LTD) to Include Face-to-Face Clinical Sessions
May 01, 2012
Give your clients more ways to help keep their employees healthy and productive.
Announcing an exciting and beneficial enhancement to the Aetna Employee Assistance Program (Resources for LivingSM) offering within Aetna's fully-insured long term disability product – face-to-face clinical sessions!
Each Aetna LTD-eligible member, as well as their household members,will now be able to each get three face-to-face visits per year with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Network Provider.
This enhancement will be available to your clients in the middle market and public and labor segments with 51-3000 lives.
- All new business within the middle market and public and labor segments with 51-3,000 lives, with effective dates of 7/1/2012 and later will have this enhancement.
- Existing customers within those same segments will receive the new enhancement upon rate renewal beginning 7/1/2012.
Key features of our EAP offering
- Face-to-face Counseling Sessions: A face-to-face clinical session of at least 45 minutes duration with an EAP Network Provider. Sessions are intended to assist with emotional, family, personal or work-related behavioral health issues. Each LTD-eligible employee and their household members get up to 3 counseling sessions per contract year. Sessions do not need to be used in conjunction with an LTD claim filing.
- Unlimited Telephonic Assessment and Referral: Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year for purposes of assessing member needs and referring to appropriate EAP services.
- Unlimited telephonic management and consultation for managers and supervisors.
- Online WorkLife Resources: Employees and their households can find resources for a variety of concerns, including childcare, eldercare, adoption, daily living issues and other issues they may encounter, from over one million providers in communities nationally.
Customers will access this enhanced benefit through a new toll-free number and website. They receive the new phone number and web log-in for members to access the enhanced EAP benefits during implementation or upon renewal, if a current customer. At that time, all references to any prior EAP toll-free numbers and/or website log-ins should be discarded.
Aetna's EAP services can help members proactively cope with a variety of behavioral and non-medical challenges in their lives that may affect their productivity and trigger an absence from work. They can also help members who are out of work get information, resources and emotional support they need to get back to health and back to work.
Contact your your b&p Sales Representative with any questions.