← Back to News & Updates
51+: Anthem's October Portfolio Updates
Jul 07, 2011
Exciting Changes to Anthem's Large Group Portfolio - Solid Benefit Plans, Choices, Affordability!
Anthem is always looking for solutions to keep pace with the ever-changing market demands; that work for you and for your clients while controlling costs. With that goal in mind, they have made some exciting changes and are introducing new plans to their Large Group portfolio for business with 51 or more employees.
Effective October 1, 2011, these new plans include:
- NEW BC Exclusive PPO plans — offers HMO-like benefits using the BlueCard PPO provider network for non-California employees.
- NEW Advantage Plus HMO plans – an additional option for Advantage HMO on the Select Plus HMO Network
- Lumenos HIA plans — available to Pooled business in addition to Non-Pooled.
- NEW Premier PPO plans to offer more choice.
- NEW pharmacy plans to complement certain medical plans in Pooled business. (Non-Pooled business continues to have a choice of pharmacy plans).
Some of the other changes include:
- Adjusted benefit structures to HMO and PPO-type plans to make them more cost-effective.
- Simplified plan choices — to meet today’s needs.
- Logical product downgrade options.
- Demarketing of non-competitive, duplicative plans.
- Benefit changes — to maintain affordability and consistency between plans
Below are benefit grids that show the plans effective October1, 2011, along with a Benefit Modification Grid, explaining the benefit changes being made.
As Anthem has demarketed some of their plans and have also renamed some, they have developed a crosswalk brochure Quick Reference Guide illustrating the demarketed plans and corresponding suggested replacement plans, as well as the former and new plan names.
A broker kit with details of our new plans will be available late-July.
For more information contact your your b&p Large Group Sales Rep or Sales Assitant - 888.722.3373.