← Back to News & Updates
51+ Portfolio Expanded for January 2010 Effective Dates
Oct 11, 2010
Expanded large group portfolio offers more choices
Anthem is pleased to tell you that some exciting new health plans for businesses with 51 or more employees are headed your way. These new plans give your clients and their employees even more choice and flexibility. Plans go into effect on January 1, 2011.
Pick-a-Plan; Pick-a-Network - An innovative way to offer HMO coverage to your clients
Anthem's HMO portfolio* can be matched up with your choice of either the
The Select Plus HMO network offers access to more providers than the Select HMO network at a lower cost than the traditional HMO.
- Traditional HMO provider network
- High-performance Select HMO network or
- New Select Plus HMO network
A choice of three HMO networks enables employers to offer their employees the same wide-ranging benefits but with different levels of cost savings. Employers can stay with their favorite Anthem HMO plan while moving to another HMO network. With Pick-a-Plan; Pick-a-Network it's that easy.
The latest additions to our 2011 portfolio
- Three new Classic HMO plans - that now complete the HMO Classic portfolio
- New Value Deductible HMO plan - that offers a cost-saving alternative to our traditional HMO plans
- Four new Advantage HMO plans - that are now available for pooled business
- Two new Embedded HSA plans - that enable individuals on a family plans to receive benefits for covered services once the individual's deductible is met
- New HRA plans - that provide a choice to rollover one times or two times the amount that employees get each year when they start with the plan
- New Rx plans - that give clients more pharmacy options for pooled and non-pooled HMO and PPO medical plans
- New Premier PPO plan - that rounds out our Premier portfolio
- Three new Classic PPO plans - that provide more ways to get affordable coverage
- Two new Solution PPO plans - that fill a portfolio gap
Attached are benefit grids (PPO, CDHP, Rx, HMO) that show Anthem plans and a sales slick of the highlights. Anthem has also renamed some of the health plans. Attached is a crosswalk flyer Quick Reference Guide showing you the new names.
* Excludes Advantage HMO and POS plans.
For more information contact your Large Group Sales Assistant - 888.722.3373.