← Back to News & Updates
Aetna's 4/1/09 Medical Portfolio Maximizes Benefits
May 15, 2009
This year, small groups have better options to maximum their premium dollars with a broader choice of plan designs through Pick-A-Plan and a continuation of the comprehensive discount programs our members receive at no additional charge including discounts for vision, chiropractic, nutrition, acupuncture, massage therapy and fitness.
What's new with Aetna's HMO plans for small groups in California?
- Choice of 14 plans
- Two new cost effective HMO plans - HMO $40 and Aetna Value Network $40
- Simplified benefits on many current HMO plans
- Flexibility to offer all HMOs with both Value & Standard networks alongside each other
- No Rx Deductible for any HMO plan
- Chiropractic included with all HMO plans
What's new with Aetna's MC plans for small groups in California?
- Choice of plans with deductibles ranging from $250 to $10,000
- EPO option available with no deductible
- Three new plans with a combined deductible for In and Out of Network services
- MC $750 80/50/50
- MC $2500 75/50
- MC $10,000 100/50 - PCP visits, outpatient lab and x-ray and pharmacy are not subject to the deductible
--> Most plans have no copay for outpatient lab/x-ray and are not subject to the deductible
--> No dollar limits on Adult Routine Physical Exams - age and frequency schedules still apply
For more information about how Aetna Small Group's April 1, 2009 portfolio maximizes value for your 2-50 groups in California, please contact
your Beere & Purves representative.