← Back to News & Updates
Delta Dental Plans Promote Wellness
Mar 31, 2009
Promoting good oral health is an important part of any organization's employee wellness program. Delta Dental continually strives to develop programs that educate and promote preventive care and dental health maintenance. They provide extensive information on how to maintain good oral health through a wide array of educational resources and programs:
- Dental Wire e-newsletter. Enrollees can receive dental health information on a regular basis through Dental Wire, a free newsletter provided every other month by e-mail. Dental Wire includes such information as dental health tips, how-tos for maximizing Delta Dental benefits and definitions for dental terminology.
- Online oral health library. To help enrollees keep their smiles healthy, Delta Dental has compiled an extensive online library of oral health topics from amalgam fillings to xylitol and just about every oral health topic in between. They've grouped the articles into areas that may be of special interest to enrollees — Seniors, Kids, Preventive Care and more. This information is easily accessible on the Delta Dental web site at www.deltadentalins.com in the Oral Health section or clients can link directly to the Oral Health section from their intranet.
- SmileKids web site. Kids can find fun and easy activities that teach good dental health habits on Delta Dental’s award-winning SmileKids web site at www.keepkidssmiling.com. The web site also offers educational materials for teachers to incorporate into lesson plans or for parents to share with their children.
- Oral health informational video. Delta Dental offers a video on preventive care that can be added to Human Resources libraries, uploaded to client intranet sites or played in cafeterias. The video provides helpful tips about brushing, flossing, diet and the connection between oral and overall health.
- Oral health and benefits information flyers. Delta Dental produces flyers on a variety of dental health topics from specific concerns such as "Pregnancy and oral health" to more general dental health topics such as "How to brush and floss for a healthy smile." These flyers are available for Open Enrollments or for any time of the year.
- Dental health articles for employee publications. Each issue of Word of Mouth, our free client newsletter, contains a "Supertooth tip" dental health article suitable for reprinting in company publications. Delta Dental can provide electronic copies of these articles on request.
- Oral health envelope messages. Delta Dental includes helpful tips and fast facts on the backs of the envelopes that enrollees receive with their Notice of Payment/Benefits Statement after each dentist visit.
For more information, please contact
your B&P representative.