← Back to News & Updates
Delta Dental Provides Details on ARRA Administration
Apr 21, 2009
As you probably are aware, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) provides for a 65 percent subsidy of premiums for Federal COBRA and for certain State continuation coverage (called “CalCOBRA” in California), in some cases. Former employees who experienced a loss of coverage as a result of involuntary termination between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009, may be eligible for the temporary premium reduction for up to nine months.
Because the Federal government holds the insurance carrier responsible for subsidizing 65% of the CalCOBRA billed premiums (including the CalCOBRA surcharge of 10%), the following information outlines what Delta Dental has completed, to date, in order to comply with the requirements of ARRA as it pertains to CalCOBRA.
There are three subsets of CalCOBRA enrollees:
- Group A: Existing enrollees
- Group B: Those not electing CalCOBRA or those electing CalCOBRA but later dropped coverage
- Group C: Future enrollees
The mailing status for the required documents of each subset is listed below:
- Group A: CalCOBRA - mailed on Friday, April 17, 2009
- Group B: CalCOBRA - notices will be finalized upon the passage of AB 23
- Group C: CalCOBRA - mailing of notices was scheduled to be completed Monday, April 20, 2009
The required documents for each subset are accessible via the links below:
your B&P Group Sales Representative with any questions.