← Back to News & Updates
Delta’s Ortho Coverage vs Pediatric Dental Ortho
Oct 20, 2015
If your client is currently offering their employees a Medical plan that includes pediatric Dental as part of an Essential Health Benefits plan (EHB), they may only be covering the bare minimum. EHB plans are affordable, but they don’t offer robust benefits — like comprehensive orthodontic coverage. Your client's might instead consider Delta Dental’s Small Business Program for a portfolio of Delta Dental PPO and DeltaCare® USA plans that are specially designed to offer small businesses valuable benefits at a variety of price points.
THE SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAM OFFERS:
Comprehensive orthodontic coverage
- Unlike EHB plans, Delta Dental's standard small business plans do not limit children’s orthodontic coverage only to medically necessary services. Many of Delta's small business plans offer valuable orthodontic coverage that could attract and retain top employees.
- Delta Dental's PPO and DeltaCare USA plans offer affordable orthodontic coverage and a treatment-in-progress provision. DeltaCare USA, in particular, offers an innovative option by allowing enrollees who qualify the option of keeping their previous orthodontist — even in a closed-network plan.
Attractive plan options and features
- PPO plus Premier expands open network access — to include the Delta Dental Premier® network — and provides greater enrollee cost protections (enrollees who visit a non-Delta Dental dentist receive no cost protections and usually pay the highest out-of-pocket costs).
- D&P Maximum Waiver® allows enrollees to receive diagnostic and preventive care without those services applying to the annual maximum — encouraging them to visit the dentist regularly, and possibly reducing costly major services in the future.
- All of Delta Dental's PPO plans for small businesses waive the deductible for diagnostic and preventive care, so your client's employees don’t need to worry about satisfying a dollar amount before receiving full coverage for visiting the dentist for regular care.
- Many of Delta Dental's PPO plans for small businesses offer a variety of options — like calendar year deductibles or maximums — so your clients can choose a benefits package that fits their unique objectives.
To view a flyer with the above information, click here.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.