← Back to News & Updates
Health Net Launches SmartCare - Next Generation Health Plans
Jan 18, 2012
Health Net is kicking off the new year with business-boosting news for you.
Health Net Smart Care – First Innovation for 2012
A pioneer in the creation of tailored networks, Health Net is evolving their Bronze plans and network into Health Net SmartCare. Your clients can get the advantages of a tailored network, expanded benefits and health incentives in one simple package.
More ways to protect health:
More relevant to your clients:
- Convenient CVS MinuteClinics;
- Acupuncture and chiropractic services included as valued-added benefits; and
- Health incentives to help employees be well and productive.
- Easy-to-understand, choose, and use HMO plans keep decision making clear and simple.
- Sets employers up for the long-term. SmartCare is built to flex over time with planned expansions for 2012 (and beyond) in geographic coverage, prominent participating provider groups and other resources to match evolving employer and employee needs.
Health Net SmartCare is the health care solution that employers can afford, employees will use, and both will value.
An Easy Migration from Bronze to SmartCare
Effective March 1, 2012, Health Net will no longer offer Bronze or Bronze Choice to new groups. Groups currently enrolled in a Bronze plan will be:
- Notified 90 days in advance of their renewal date by letter that explains the change.
- Offered the option to choose any one or more of Health Net's new SmartCare plans (six (6) for Small Group; five (5) for Large Group), or any other Health Net group plan.
If a group wants to keep their plan design exactly as it is under their Bronze plan, they may do so by pairing those benefits with Health Net's full HMO or Silver network.
Small Group SmartCare Resources (effective March 2012)
Large Group SmartCare Resources (effective April 2012)
Please contact your b&p Group Sales Rep for assistance with Health Net SmartCare - 888.722.3373.