← Back to News & Updates
January 2016 Renewals & Plan Updates
Oct 13, 2015
2016 comes early for Small Groups who have January renewal dates. Renewals are easy with Small Group 2.0 from Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net).
They’ve got your clients covered — and those with up to 100 employees who will be new to Small Group coverage — with Small Group 2.0.
2016 Changes and Additions
New for January 1, 2016, and later 2016 effective dates are these plans:
HMO Gold $50 — like Health Net's other HMO choices, your clients can pair this plan with any of the networks available in their area, which may include the SmartCare HMO, WholeCare
- HMO, Salud HMO y Mas and/or Full Network HMO
- Health Net Platinum 90 HSP 0/20
- Health Net Gold 80 HSP 0/35
Plans no longer available as of January 1, 2016, are:
- WholeCare HMO Platinum Standard Copay
- WholeCare HMO Gold Standard Copay
- Health Net Silver 70 HSA EPO Alternate
Throughout 2016, Health Net will send closure notices and renewal packages monthly:
- Closure notices mail 90 days in advance of renewal date to groups that have any of the plans that Health Net closed for 2016. Notices also go to groups who have plans they closed earlier in the year (i.e., older versions of their WholeCare and Salud HMO y Más plans. 51-100 groups renewing in 2016 also receive 90-day closure notices. Employees who are on HMO plans will receive an employee closure letter, as required by the Department of Managed Health Care. The employee letter includes the Notice of Exchanges, also as required.
- Groups will receive their renewals by mail 60 days in advance of their renewal date. Clients whose plan is closing will have their choice to move to the Health Net plan most similar to what they have now, choose another Small Group 2.0 plan, or explore coverage through Covered California for Small Business. Please know that Health Net is required by law to tell your clients and their employees about coverage options through Covered California. Health Net is strongly encouraging employees to talk to their employer, and for employers to contact you before making any decisions.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.