← Back to News & Updates
MetLife’s New Product Flips the Script on Traditional Life Insurance
Jun 26, 2015
MetLife has announced the launch of it's new Premier Accumulator Universal LifeSM (PAUL) product. Designed to offer increased flexibility, the new option provides both death benefit protection and access to high early cash value accumulation to help policyholders meet a variety of financial goals.
Clients, including small business owners, who choose PAUL, can enjoy several benefits including:
- Access to more cash value, faster than traditional life insurance policies. Clients have the potential to access most or all of what they put into the policy within the first few years, providing outstanding liquidity and options to help meet changing needs.1, 2
- Competitive cash value accumulation that can be used to help meet financial goals, including supplementing retirement income.
- A non-correlated asset that removes the direct impact of market fluctuations from the client’s life insurance policy by growing policy values through interest crediting rates less deductions for charges.
- Low surrender charges mean that clients will not face a severe financial penalty if they decide the policy no longer fits into their financial strategy.
- Enhanced Rate Plus, a new underwriting process for eligible clients that can reduce the time typically required for an underwriting decision to only a few days; eliminate the need for paramedical exams and lab work; and can boost a qualifying client’s rating class, resulting in better premiums.3
Click here to read the entire MetLife article.
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.
1High early cash values are based on
the assumptions of current interest crediting rates and current charges
which are not guaranteed, and are subject to change by the insurer, and
assume the policy is optimally funded. Guaranteed assumptions and other
funding patterns will result in lower values. You should request a full
illustration from your financial professional to see how this would
impact a policy you may purchase.
2Policy loans and withdrawals will
reduce the contracts cash value and death benefit and may cause the
policy to lapse. If the policy lapses, you may incur tax consequences.
In addition policy loan interest will be charged annually on any
outstanding loan balance
3All eligible clients who qualify
for Standard Rates without an extra premium will receive the upgrade.
Clients with certain factors - including, but not limited to, ratable
medical impairments and other health or lifestyle risks that require an
extra premium - do not qualify for Standard Rates or program upgrades
and will proceed through traditional underwriting.