← Back to News & Updates
Network: Southern CA Network Updates
Dec 08, 2009
Lakeside Medical Group
and Lakeside Affiliated Groups
will merge into Health Physician Network
, effective November 1, 2009. The new names are:
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Burbank
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Central Valley
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside North Valley
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Santa Clarita
- Heritage Physician Network - Lakeside Glendale
- Heritage Physician Network - Community Medical Group
- Heritage Physician Network - Eastland Medical Group
- Heritage Physician Network - Verdugo Hills Medical Group
- Heritage Physician Network - West Covina Medical Clinic
There will be no interruption of services for current members during this transition. For new members previously unable to select a Lakeside Medical Group or Lakeside Affiliated Group, the PCP panels will be reopened when the groups are moved under the new Heritage Physician Network, which may take a few weeks to complete.
La Vida Medical Group & IPA
Effective December 2nd, The Department of Managed Health Care has issued a Cease & Desist Order requiring Aetna and all other health plans to immediately stop assigning any new enrollees to any of the LaVida groups. LaVida Medical Group & IPA consists of LaVida Medical Center - Civic Center, LaVida Medical Center - Fox Hills, LaVida Medical Center - Gardena, LaVida Medical Center - Grand, LaVida Medical Center - San Pedro and LaVida Prairie Medical Center. LaVida members through other health plans, who are switching their coverage to Aetna, must select a PCP who is affiliated with an alternate IPA/Medical Group.
Sansum Clinic Behavioral Health in Santa Barbara
will terminate from Aetna's Behavioral Health network for the HMO, QPOS and HMO/HRA, effective January 1, 2010. This was an interim agreement to allow Sansum providers to render outpatient behavioral health services to HMO members through December 31, 2009. Aetna Behavioral Health maintains an agreement with College Health IPA to provide outpatient behavioral health services to HMO members in Santa Barbara County.