← Back to News & Updates
Network: Vitalidad HMO No Longer Available Effective January 2017
Sep 08, 2016
careful consideration, Aetna will no longer offer the Vitalidad network in
California effective January 1, 2017.
As of September 1, 2016, quoting for Vitalidad HMO network is no longer be
available for new business.
Details for existing groups with members enrolled in Vitalidad HMO include:
- Current Vitalidad HMO members may access the
SIMNSA network until December 31, 2016.
- Members will receive a letter no
later than October 1, 2016, alerting them that the SIMNSA network is
not available through Aetna on or after January 1, 2017.
- Group sponsors will also receive a letter.
- Small Group members (1-100) will automatically be moved
to the Gold Basic HMO 45 for a January 1, 2017 effective date,
and the rates will be based on the HMO plan they are enrolled in for
- Should members want to select a different HMO
plan, they must notify Aetna no later than December 15, 2016.
- Members may go directly to
SIMNSA for care by contacting SIMNSA at (619) 407-4082 or www.simnsa.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are available for review and reference.
Please contact a member of your b&p
Sales Team for assistance with your Aetna business – 888.722.3373.