← Back to News & Updates
NEW! Anthem Pediatric Dental is a Rider Plan
Jun 12, 2014
Effective immediately, Anthem Blue Cross Pediatric Dental has been added as a rider plan in bpQuote. Instead of quoting Anthem Pediatric Dental as a Dental plan and then manually adding the Dental rates to the Medical rates, you can now add Pediatric Dental as a rider plan to all Anthem Medical plans and the rider rates will be included in the total premium. The sample Side by Side Comparison below illustrates the inclusion of the Pediatric Dental rider.
- When included, rider rates are added to all of the medical rates illustrated in all reports except Table Rates and pre-ACA 4-tier Employee Worksheets.
- Riders cannot be attached using the QuickQuote method. You must generate the quote using the traditional quoting method.
- Rider totals may be different from one Anthem plan to another based upon the number of employees quoted in each plan. For example, if you quote nine (9) employees with only seven (7) in HMO plans then the rider total is going to appear cheaper on the HMO plans than the PPO plans.
- To apply the same rider to all Anthem Medical plans being quoted, simply select “Update All Plans” after you add the rider to the first Anthem Medical plan.
- Remember, a few Anthem Medical plans already include Dental benefits. The Pediatric Dental rider will not be added to those plans.
For more information on bpQuote rider plans, read New Rider Functionality in bpQuote or contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.
Please note that four Blue Shield Pediatric Dental riders are are also now available in bpQuote.