← Back to News & Updates
New Core and Focus Networks Announced
May 15, 2015
To help you reach new clients and satisfy increasing demand for cost-conscious options, UnitedHealthcare has created the Core and Focus networks. These two new networks were designed to promote affordability and serve as the basis for plans that provide the quality benefits and added programs and services both employers and employees may appreciate.
- Core: A no-referrals-needed, flexible network that gives members access to a distinct set of providers from UnitedHealthcare’s full Select/Choice network. Members can seek care from a provider outside the network but they may pay more out-of-pocket costs when they do not seek care from Core network providers or facilities.
- Focus1: Based on an ultra-value network, Focus offers HMO benefits on a fully insured basis at very competitive price points. Access to the Focus network can be purchased as stand-alone or alongside with one or more plans through the Choice Simplified2 portfolio. Members must select a primary care physician from the Focus network to coordinate care with other Focus network physicians and specialists.
Both Core and Focus network products are part of the
Choice Simplified portfolio, available to California small business clients in both the 1-50 segment and the 51-99 segment. Choice Simplified is one of UnitedHealthcare’s most versatile benefits packages, giving clients the freedom and flexibility to select from metallic levels and multiple networks – for “big business” style options priced for small business budgets.
Operational changes offer simplicity and less work for your clients
- To reduce client workload, UHC now accepts spreadsheet enrollment for new medical and specialty benefits business. Employees must complete the enrollment application and/or waiver section, including signing the arbitration section, and the employer keeps applications on file.
- New Horizons is a solution that is designed to offer 51- 99 clients competitive rates and long-term rate stability. New Horizons offers a single-digit annual renewal. For dental, vision, and financial protection, clients may continue two-year rate guarantee.
- Your Small Business clients may offer UnitedHealthcare health plans to independent contractors, if guidelines are met.
Member-facing health and wellness change
- RallySM: Rally is a digital health and wellness resource integrated on member portals that members can use to set health and fitness goals, get recipes/tips, participate in challenges, and earn rewards.
UHC is constantly innovating new products, programs and services with the goal of keeping health care quality high while keeping costs low. UHC will continue to share new developments and relevant information with you, so you can support your clients and their employees, and grow your business.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.
1 Formal HMO product name: Focus = UnitedHealthcare SignatureValue® Focus
2 Formal product name: UnitedHealthcare Multi-Choice®
The UnitedHealthcare CoreSM product is designed to accommodate a limited network of participating physicians, health care professionals, hospitals and facilities ("providers"). Except in emergency situations, members should confirm their provider is participating in this product before receiving services to receive the highest level of benefits. Network status may be determined by calling Customer Care at the number indicated on the health plan ID card or visiting myuhc.com®.