← Back to News & Updates
New RAF Program for 6+ Enrolled Effective April 1, 2009
Mar 10, 2009
We are excited to let you know about the new Summer Sizzle RAF Program from Anthem Blue Cross. Groups enrolling six or more employees for April 1 through September 15, 2009 effective dates are eligible for a .90 RAF*.
.90 RAF for new business with 6 or more enrolling
For April effective dates only, the Summer Sizzle RAF Program will be offered in addition to the current RAF promotion and the Return to Blue RAF promotion. Program details are provided below.
* Program Guidelines:
How Summer Sizzle Differs from the Current RAF Promotion:
- Applicable only to the EmployeeElect portfolio
- New AB1672 qualified groups with a renewal RAF of 1.06 or better
- Renewal must be within 90 days of the requested effective date
- Current Anthem Blue Cross groups are not eligible
- Groups moving from CaliforniaChoice or association plans are not eligible
- Groups with 2-5 enrolling may take an automatic 1.10 RAF or complete health questions and try for a lower RAF (as low as 1.0 for groups with 2-4 and .95 for groups with 5 enrolling)
- The Summer Sizzle RAF Program will be in addition to the current RAF promotion for groups with 10+ enrolling and the Come Back to Blue RAF promotion for April.
- Guidelines for current RAF promotion
- Guidelines for Come Back to Blue RAF promotion
- Lower enrollment required for a .90 RAF
- Restricted to a specific portfolio
- Requires a renewal RAF
- Does not apply to groups without prior coverage
a member of your B&P Sales Team to request April effective date requotes or for any questions regarding Anthem Blue Cross RAF promotions.