← Back to News & Updates
Offering Your Clients a Proven Approach to Health and Wellness
May 01, 2009
You and your clients have a growing understanding of the connection between employee health and improved productivity. “Wellness” is a hot topic, but at Aetna, they see the bigger picture. They see health and wellness as interrelated, and they offer one of the broadest spectrums of health, wellness and care management solutions in the industry. This approach differentiates them from their competitors.
The result is improved quality of outcomes and increased member productivity, which, together, can help lower your clients’ total cost of health care.
Improved health, increased productivity, lower health care costs
Aetna offers a complete range of programs and services to help their members optimize their health and wellness wherever they are in their journey. At Aetna, they have developed one of the most sophisticated, comprehensive approaches in the industry:
Offering affordable solutions
- Core products (e.g., medical products) with valuable built-in health and wellness components that get plan sponsors off to strong start
- Aetna Health ConnectionsSM programs and services solutions that span the entire health and wellness continuum
- Cutting-edge technology and clinical expertise that effectively identify and reach out to those members that need help and support
- Health information for your clients to share with their employees at work through communications campaigns and worksite health services, in print, online, and on the phone.
In today’s challenging economy, your clients are finding that consumer-directed health plans (CDHPs) are not only a strong health care option but also a cost-favorable option. And Aetna is an experienced leader in consumer-directed health care. Aetna's CDHPs offer your clients affordability and flexibility and they’re easy for an employer to introduce and manage.
Aetna CDHPS are yet another example of a solution that helps customers reduce their costs and helps their employees become more engaged in their own health and financial well-being. The following resources will provide you will more details on Aetna CDHPs.
Aetna HealthFund Plans Brochure
Previous in-depth article to learn more about CDHPs.
New tools help your clients find the right solutions
Aetna’s newest tools help your clients develop strategy and deploy communications that encourage and motivate their employees to get engaged and take action in their own optimal health.
The Aetna Consumer-Directed Health Plan Online Guide now makes it even easier for plan sponsors to adopt and implement Aetna CDHPs. This turnkey guide packages best practices into easy-to-use CDHP adoption tools. It supports both HRA and HSA plans and makes it easier for your clients to define strategy, develop effective solutions and sample Aetna’s comprehensive suite of reports.
The new Aetna Roadmap to Wellness online tool can help your clients understand the importance of connecting health and wellness programs and gives them information they can use to drive employee engagement and improve company productivity. It has three elements:
- An interactive decision tool that guides plan sponsors through Aetna’s approach to health and wellness, gauging their readiness to implement a comprehensive health and wellness strategy.
- A customized Roadmap to Wellness guide that recommends one of our Roadmap to Wellness packages based on information the plan sponsor provides.
- Downloadable employee communication materials to support plan sponsors in easily promoting the programs in our Roadmap to Wellness packages.
Contact your B&P Group Sales Representative for more information.