← Back to News & Updates
Small Group Sales Model Change is Complete
May 27, 2009
Individual and Small Group Sales Model Change in California is Complete
Anthem Blue Cross is pleased to announce their new Individual/Senior and Small Group sales model. They have divided Individual/Senior and Small Group (ISG) into two separate market segments - Individual/Senior and Small Group - to provide you with a more market-focused partnership that will better serve your needs and the needs of your clients.
On June 1, Individual/Senior and Small Group will have separate, dedicated teams:
- Individual/Senior sales responsibilities will be handled by Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) who will service the Individual and Senior markets. Click here for the new Individual RSM contact list, including a territory description, with the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for each Individual/Senior RSM.
- Small Group sales responsibilities will be handled by RSMs who will service the Small Group market. Click here for the new Small Group contact list, including a territory description, with the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for each Small Group RSM.
This new sales model will support an enhanced partnership with Anthem's agents:
- Anthem's sales associates have developed and will maintain a deeper focus and expertise on their assigned market segments, which will result in stronger support throughout the sales process.
- Your market-focused sales teams will remain local, with a deeper knowledge of the products in the market segments you want to sell.
- Specific Anthem Blue Cross sales representatives will be accountable for Individual/Senior and Small Group, respectively. As a result, you will work with separate representatives for each market segment.
Look for a postcard of your specific Anthem Blue Cross sales team in the mail within the next two weeks.
AgentAccess will be updated to reflect Anthem's new sales model. From May 15 to June 19, RSM Corner will display a Coming Soon
message. This means when you log into the secure Anthem Blue Cross site, you will not see your RSMs' pictures with contact information and a link to their seminars. You will instead find the RSM directory and seminar information under the first link beneath What's New!
called RSM Directory/Producer News.
On June 20, AgentAccess will begin displaying both the Individual/Senior RSM and Small Group RSM.
If you would like to discuss any business opportunities or have questions about these important changes, please feel free to contact your new local RSM.
You may also contact
your B&P representative for more informaion.