← Back to News & Updates
Specialty Products from Anthem Blue Cross
Mar 11, 2009
Specialty products - helping employee productivity
Did you know?
- Every year, vision disorders account for more than $8 billion dollars in lost productivity.1
- Uncorrected vision can decrease employee performance by as much as 20 percent. 2
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services estimates that more than 164 million hours of work are lost each year due to dental-related illnesses or dental visits.3
As you can see, aside from the costs to individuals' overall health - dental and vision problems may have hidden costs for employers, including a drain on employee productivity and organizational effectiveness. That's why Anthem Blue Cross has designed their Specialty Products with productivity in mind!
- Convenient access to vision care. Anthem Blue Cross vision plans include access to one of the largest vision networks in the country, including independent providers and retail locations like LensCrafters®, Target Optical®, Sears OpticalSM, JCPenney® Optical and Pearle Vision®. Most of these retailers offer convenient evening and weekend hours so employees can take care of their vision needs outside of company time.
- Keeping employees healthy with dental education. The latest industry research links poor oral health to diabetes and premature births.4 That's why Anthem has developed health education materials to help teach members the importance of regular dental check-ups. After all, regular dental care may help detect and prevent future problems that could cause employees to miss work.
- Reliable support services for employees. Included with life and disability coverage, Resource Advisor can help improve employee productivity and well-being with counseling and support services during difficult times - before problems become an emotional or financial burden.
And that's not all! Group benefit administrators may see increased productivity by offering multiple product lines from a single carrier. Anthem Blue Cross offers a single point of contact for multiple products and some states have additional advantages like a single bill, application and ID card.
Offering vision and dental coverage from can help ensure proper ongoing, proactive dental and vision care - possibly saving employers money on lost productivity. And their life and disability products include extra member assistance benefits designed to help keep employees at work. Contact your B&P Group Sales Representative today to discuss the value of Specialty products.