California small groups have two exchange-style offerings to choose from. Below are the basics of each exchange. Both options offer your groups competitive options and unmatched flexibility. Below is a high-level overview of the two options for California small groups.
- Private exchange
- Offers medical, dental, vision, life, and chiropractic/acupuncture coverage
- Includes nine different medical insurance carriers
- Kaiser Permanente, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus, Western Health Advantage plans mirror plans outside CaliforniaChoice (same rates and benefits)
- Administration fee based on group size
- No late fees
Covered California for Small Business (CCSB)
- Public exchange
- Offers medical and dental coverage
- Includes five different medical insurance carriers
- Plans included in CCSB mirror plans outside CCSB (same rates and benefits)
- No administration fees
For questions or to learn more about CaliforniaChoice or Covered CA for Small Business, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team – 888.722.3373.