← Back to News & Updates
1-100: Anthem Plan & Rate Updates Effective April 2017
Jan 18, 2017
Anthem Blue Cross announced a RATE PASS for April 1, 2017 effective dates. Plans will not experience any benefit changes and underwriting promotions have been extended. Rates are available for quoting.
- Medical PPO: RATE PASS
- Medical HMO: RATE PASS
- Dental (Legacy): RATE PASS
- Dental (Prime & Complete): Pending
- Vision: RATE PASS
- Life: RATE PASS
April Rate Guides
Book rates for April 2017 effective dates are provided below and on the
Promotions Extended through June 30, 2017 include:
- Participation reduced to 30% for five (5) or more enrolled.
- DE-9C is not required for six (6) or more enrolled; excludes Virgin groups.
All Networks Available through March 31, 2017
Anthem is allowing groups to select all networks alongside each through March 31, 2017.
Dual PPO Networks Available through March 31, 2017
Anthem is allowing new and renewing clients to offer dual PPO networks on a promotional basis.
- For new groups, simply indicate network option on the existing Employer Application.
- For January through March renewing groups – clients can request the PPO dual network option by:
- January 20th: April 2017 renewals will be released via Producer Toolbox.
- January 26th-April 1st: Group renewals will be mailed to employers.
- January 30th-April 1st: Group renewals will be available on Employer Access
For questions, please contact a member of your b&p Sales Team - 888.722.3373.