← Back to News & Updates
1-100: Anthem Plan & Rate Updates Effective July 2017
Apr 12, 2017
Anthem announced rate adjustments for July 1, 2017 effective dates with no benefit or underwriting changes. Rates are available for quoting!
- HMO: 2.8% average increase
- PPO: 3.1% average increase
- Legacy: RATE PASS
- Prime & Complete: moderate rate increase
Vision: RATE PASS
Life: RATE PASS
JULY RATE GUIDE
July 2017 book rates are available below or on the B&P website.
The following Sutter facilities will be included in Anthem's HMO Network effective July 1, 2017:
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation - Diable Division
- Sutter Independent Physicians
- Sutter Medical Group - Sacramento/Placer Division
- Sutter Medical Group - Solano Division
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
- Sutter MedicalGroup - Yolo
- 30% participation required for groups with five (5) or more enrolled through September 15, 2017 effective dates.
- DE-9C is not required for groups with six (6) or more enrolling through September 15, 2017 effective dates.
- Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill.
- Excludes virgin groups.
Dual HMO Networks
- Groups can select both of Anthem's HMO networks to be offered alongside each other through September 15, 2017 effective dates.
Same Day Turnaround
- If Anthem receives new business submissions by 8AM Monday through Friday, they will provide same day review and approval, subject to completeness of new business submission.
- Same day review and approval does not include clarifications or missing information identified.
- April 18, 2017: July 1, 2017 renewals will be released to Producer Toolbox (producer renewals will no longer be mailed)
- Week of April 24, 2017: July 1, 2017 group renewals will be mailed
- April 27, 2017: July 1, 2017 group renewals will be released to EmployerAccess
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.