← Back to News & Updates
Aetna: Plan & Rate Updates Effective January 2018
Oct 16, 2017
Aetna announced plan and rate updates for January 1, 2018 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
- HMO: 2.5% average increase
- MC/PPO: 0%
Currently, children ages 0 to 20 are in one premium age band. Effective January 1, 2018 for new and renewing business, children ages 0 to 20 will follow the new Federal uniform age curve:
- One age band for children 0-14; and
- Separate single age bands for children 15-20
The rating for large families will not be impacted; the three oldest children under the age of 21 will continue to be used for rating.
PLANS & BENEFITS
- No indemnity plans available for 2018
- Several plans will be mapped to new versions
- Silver MC 1250 60/50
- Bronze MC HSA 6550 100/50
- Silver HMO $35/75 0 ded.
- Silver EPO 2000 60%
- Bronze EPO 6800 50%
Existing Plans: Most other Aetna plans will receive benefit changes.
New hires: the eligibility date will be the first day of the policy month following the waiting period, not to exceed 90 calendar days from the date of hire. Policy month refers to the contract effective date of the 1st or 15th. If “Exactly 90 Days” is selected, the enrollment eligibility date will begin 90 calendar days from the date of hire.
One formulary for all 2018 Small Group plans - CA Small Group ACA Formulary
- Transitioning members are allowed a one-time fill, for up to a 30-day supply, of a medication that requires precertification, step therapy, or other utilization management
- Specialty drugs must be filled through Aetna Specialty Pharmacy
Aetna 2018 book rates will be posted on the B&P website as soon as they become available.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.