Aetna announced plan and rate updates for January 1, 2020 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
- HMO: 2.3% average quarterly increase
- MC: 2.8% average quarterly increase
Dental rates will change, but there are no changes for vision rates at this time.
Aetna is adding the following plans which may be available in multiple networks:
- Gold HMO $25/50 500 Ded
- Silver HMO $50/75 2550 Ded
- Gold MC $80/50 1250 Ded
- Silver MC $60/50 2550 Ded
- Gold EPO 80 750 Ded
- Silver EPO 60 2550 Ded
- Bronze EPO 50 7300 Ded
- Gold PPO $80/50 1000
Aetna is terminating the following plans:
- Bronze EPO 60 6000 HSA
- Bronze MC 100/50 6650 HSA
All other existing plans may experience name and benefit changes in 2020.
Aetna has made some changes to their networks:
- Aetna Whole Health PPO & EPO will use one network that includes MemorialCare, PrimeCare, Providence, and Sharp providers.
- Aetna Whole Health HMO will use one network that includes AppleCare Medical Group, Heritage Provider Network, MemorialCare, Monarch HealthCare, PrimeCare, and Sharp providers.
- Savings Plus MC will only be available in Southern California.
- Introducing OA Elect Choice EPO network.
- PPO network is being reintroduced, but it's only available for members that do not reside in Open Access MC service areas.
SB 78 Open Enrollment
With the Individual Mandate coming to California beginning January 1, 2020, Aetna is offering a one-time open enrollment for Small Group employees and dependents that previously waived coverage regardless of their anniversary date. Employees must submit an enrollment form between December 1st and December 20th for a January 1, 2020 effective date. Groups with a 15th of the month effective date will be effective January 15, 2020.
Book rates for Aetna will be provided on the B&P website when they are available.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.