Aetna announced plan and rate updates for January 1, 2024 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Quarterly medical rate change (may vary by plan, region or network)
Annual medical rate change (may vary by plan, region or network)
New Value Adds
Aetna is introducing a $0 Teladoc for Behavioral Health and $0 Preferred Diabetic Benefit for their non-mandated plans.
Plan & Network Updates
Aetna is discontinuing the following networks:
- Basic HMO
- AWH Southern CA OAMC
Aetna is discontinuing the the Bronze MC 100/50 7350 plan as there is another plan that is very close in benefits.
2024 Plan Count
- 12 HMO plans
- 13 OAMC plans
- 4 PPO plans
There will be slight plan design tweaks due to the new AV calculator.
- Aligning the Mental Health Office Visit with the PCP cost share (previously was specialist)
- .$0 Teladoc copay for General Medicine and Dermatology for HMO and OAMC/PPO
- Teladoc Behavioral Health to remain at in-person Mental Health Office Visit copay.
- State mandated "M" plans and matching "wINF" plans excluded.
- All plans cover state mandated infertility preservation services. Plans referencing "wINF" in the plan name include additional infertility services.
- All plans cover acupuncture.
- All non-mandated plans include chiropractic care.
- “M” within the plan name indicates mandated plans.
Aetna will continue to have two formularies in 2024, members will use the formulary associated with their plan. Follow these steps to find the appropriate formulary:
Book rates for Aetna will be provided on the B&P website when they are available.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.