As the number of fully vaccinated people grows, Anthem wants to keep you informed. Current data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows that more than one-fifth of all Americans have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and more than one-tenth are fully vaccinated.
The CDC considers someone fully vaccinated two weeks after they receive their last dose of a vaccine. You and your clients may have questions about what that means and what precautions to take when fully vaccinated. As of March 24, 2021, the CDC says:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
People who are fully vaccinated should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
Anthem encourages you and your clients to check the CDC guidelines often as they may change.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.