Anthem is taking steps to help their members impacted by wildfires in California. If members are affected and live in the impacted counties of Siskiyou, Santa Barbara or San Diego, here’s what they should know:
- Members on an Anthem prescription drug plan can get up to a 30-day emergency refill of their maintenance medications at any pharmacy now. This also applies to emergency personnel who have been activated by their state and local agency but who do not reside in the impacted county.
- Members who use a mail-order pharmacy can update address information by calling Member Services.
- Time limits for medical necessity reviews, also called prior authorization or pre-certification, will be waived, and there will be no late penalty.
- Members can get replacement medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) if theirs was lost or damaged.
- Members and their doctors are being given more time to file claims, if needed.
- The relaxed guidelines are effective from July 6, 2018 through August 7, 2018. They apply to members with Anthem group health plans, individual and family plans. They do not apply to Federal Employees Health Benefits Program members or to members with Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans. These programs have specific guidelines.
Members who need additional support should call the Member Services number on their ID card or select Customer Support on the Anthem website.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.