Hospital stays can create financial stress. And it’s not always just about the medical bills. Families have other expenses, too. That’s where hospital indemnity plans come in. They pay out a lump sum so members can use for daily living expenses like rent, food, babysitting or transportation, while they recover. This helps protect their savings and financial security.
For employers, voluntary Hospital Indemnity plans are a great way to build their health benefits portfolio and enhance their employees’ financial well-being — without added plan costs.
Anthem's Hospital Indemnity plans feature:
- First-day hospital benefit of $500 or $1,000 payable once a year
- $100 or $200 daily hospital confinement benefit
- Hospitalization due to normal pregnancy covered like any other illness, from day one with no waiting period
- Optional daily intensive care unit benefit
- No pre-existing condition limitations
- Single composite rate for all ages
- Perpetual guaranteed issue for all open enrollment periods (no medical evidence required)
Coverage may vary by state. Covered accidents or illness must occur after the effective date of coverage.
For questions, please contact your B&P Sales Rep - 888.722.3373.