← Back to News & Updates
Anthem: Members Impacted by Wildfires in CA
Dec 07, 2017
Anthem is taking steps to help their members impacted by wildfires in California. If members are affected
and live in the counties of Ventura or Los Angeles, here’s what they should know:
- Members on an Anthem prescription drug plan can refill lost or damaged prescriptions at any
pharmacy now. This also applies to emergency personnel who have been activated by their
state and local agency but who do not reside in the impacted county.
- Members who use a mail-order pharmacy can update address information by calling Member
- Time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification or referral requirements will be relaxed —
there will be no late penalties.
- Members can get replacement medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or
DME) if theirs was lost or damaged.
- Members and their doctors are being given more time to file claims, if needed.
The relaxed guidelines are effective from December 5, 2017 through January 5, 2018. They
apply to members with Anthem group health plans, individual and family plans. They do not apply to
Federal Employees Health Benefits Program members or to members with Medicare, Medicare
Advantage and Medicare Part D plans. These programs have specific guidelines.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.