As 2019 draws to a close, Anthem reflects on shared successes and turns their attention towards the promising year ahead. There's so much to look forward to in 2020 as they're implementing exciting new features across Anthem's product portfolio to help you deliver the flexible, cost-effective solutions your clients and their employees want. Here are key updates:
- Unlimited maximums: These plans remove anxiety and obstacles to getting timely dental care. No longer will members need to delay treatment to avoid exceeding an annual maximum benefit.
- At-home teeth aligners: Members receive a fixed price of $1,295 for at-home teeth aligners through SpecialOffers, Anthem's value-added savings program - no need to file a claim.
- Teledentistry: Members can get dental services, including exams and second-opinion benefits, by phone and online. Anthem's policies cover these virtual visits the same as in-office visits.
- New plan designs: For small and large groups. Includes a $150 and $180 material allowance for frames. Small group also offers a $200 material allowance.
- Lower member costs on standard progressive lenses: Drops copay to $55 in 2020 from $65 in 2019.
- New premium tiers: Makes lens upgrade costs easier for members to understand:
- Tier 3 premium anti-reflective lenses: $85 copay.
- Tier 4 premium progressive lenses: $175 copay.
Life & Disability
- Competitive new contracts for small and large groups: Easier for members to read and understand, including some new features and provisions.
- Enhancements to Anthem's absence and paid leave administration capabilities for large groups.
Voluntary Supplemental Health
- Auto-notification feature for large groups: Automatically reminds members who file an Anthem medical claim that they may also have an eligible claim on their voluntary supplemental health plan (available to large group members who have Anthem medical and Anthem voluntary supplemental health plans).
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.