Anthem announced rate and plan updates for April 1, 2021 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Medical Quarterly Rate Change: RATE PASS
Medical Average Annual / Renewal Rate Change:
Dental Metallic/Essential Choice PPO, Legacy, & Dental Net will have a rate pass. Blue View Vision new business will have a slight decrease and Blue View Vision renewals will have a rate pass.
Underwriting Promos Extended Through 6/15/21!
- NEW & EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: DE9C not required with 3 or more subscribers enrolling! Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill. Excludes virgin groups.
- Relaxed Participation: 25% participation for groups of 5 or more enrolled subscribers! 65% participation required for 4 or fewer enrolled subscribers.
- Valid Waivers: Individual coverage both on and off of the Exchange will be accepted as a valid waiver
- Network Flexibility: Groups can choose 2 PPO networks alongside 1 HMO network or 2 HMO networks alongside 1 PPO network
Ancillary Updates & Important Reminders
- Whole Health medical plans include enhanced embedded dental and vision plans
- Unlimited Annual Maximum available on dental plans
- 5% bundling discount available when new dental is purchased with new vision, life, and/or disability
- 24-month rate guarantee for dental, vision, life, and/or disability
- Dental & vision participation:
- 25% for 5+, min 2 enrolled
- 65% for 2-4, min 2 enrolled
- Voluntary requires only 5 enrolled
- 1/4/21: rates on Producer Toolbox
- 1/7/21: rates live on bpQuote and other quoting vendors
- 1/19/21: renewals posted on Producer Toolbox
- 1/26/21: renewals mailed
- 1/29/21: renewals available on EmployerAccess
For questions or help with an Anthem Blue Cross quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.