Anthem announced rate and plan updates for January 1, 2023 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Medical Quarterly Rate Change Average:
Medical Average Annual / Renewal Rate Change Average:
Anthem's Dental & Vision plans will have no rate action for new business.
- Gold PPO 1700/15% w/HSA PrevRx
- Silver PPO 2000/35% w/HSA PrevRx
- Bronze PPO 65/6000/40% (CalChoice)
- Silver PPO 50/1700/40% (CalChoice)
- Gold EPO 35/500/20%
- Gold EPO 35/1700/20%
- Gold Advantage PPO 30/500/20% (CalChoice)
- Silver Advantage PPO 45/1600/40% (CalChoice)
- Silver EPO 2000/35% w/HSA PrevRx (CalChoice)
- Bronze EPO 65/6000/40% (CalChoice)
- Silver EPO 55/2200/40% (CalChoice)
Important Cost Sharing Changes
Additional Network Flexibility
For Q1 and Q2 of 2023, Anthem Small Group will be allowing additional network flexibility. Employers can select one of the following pairings:
- Both PPO networks alongside any HMO network (including Vivity)
- Any 2 HMO networks (including Vivity) alongside 1 PPO network
- Select HMO, Priority Select HMO, and Vivity HMO alongside 1 PPO network (excluding CaliforniaCare HMO)
As a reminder, Anthem's 6% commission rate on new medical business for the life of the case when you sell any new Small Group with 8 or more enrolled employees continues from October 2022 through January 2023 effective dates. See their flyer for complete details.
- 10/25/22: January renewals posted on Producer Toolbox
- 10/27/22: January renewals mailed to Employers
- 11/01/22: January renewals available on EmployerAccess
For questions or help with an Anthem Blue Cross quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.