Anthem Blue Cross announced rate updates for July 1, 2018 effective dates, with no changes to plan benefits. All rates are available for quoting!
- PPO: 1.6% decrease
- HMO: 2.9% decrease
Anthem Blue Cross has been extremely consistent with a net change of 2.7% for PPO plans and -1.1% for HMO plans since October 1, 2016.
- Consolidating separate rate blocks for groups of 5-9 and 10-25 subscribers to a single rating block of 5-25 subscribers
- Reducing SIC code blocks from 6 to 2
- Prior coverage will no longer be a rate factor but prior coverage will be used to determine the waiting period on voluntary plans
Vision: RATE PASS
Life: RATE PASS
Anthem has added the following plans effective July 1, 2018:
- Bronze PPO 4000/40%/7350
- Bronze Select PPO 4000/40%/7350
These plans should be included in alternative plan offerings in renewals. If these plans are not shown as options, they can be selected with the Small Group EmployeeElect Renewal Medical Plan Change Request form included in the renewal.
Anthem has extended their current underwriting promotions through September 15, 2018.
- 30% participation for groups of 5 or more subscribers enrolled
- 65% participation for groups of 4 or fewer subscribers
- DE9C not required for groups of 6 or more subscribers enrolled, excludes virgin groups
- Dual HMO Network option is available
- Individual coverage both on and off Exchange is a valid waiver
- Same day turnaround for new business enrollment
Book rates for Anthem Blue Cross are provided below and on the B&P website.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.