Anthem announced rate and plan updates for July 1, 2022 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Medical Quarterly Rate Change Average:
Medical Average Annual / Renewal Rate Change Average:
There are no changes to Dental and Vision plans.
Underwriting Promos Extended Through 12/15/22!
- DE-9C not required with 3 or more subscribers enrolling! Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill. Excludes virgin groups.
- Relaxed Participation: 25% participation for groups of 5 or more enrolled subscribers! 65% participation required for 4 or fewer enrolled subscribers.
- Valid Waivers: Individual coverage both on and off of the Exchange will be accepted as a valid waiver
- Additional Network Flexibility for employers, can select one of the following pairings:
- Any two HMO networks (including Vivity) alongside one PPO network
- Both PPO networks alongside any HMO network (including Vivity)
- Select HMO, Priority Select HMO, and Vivity HMO alongside one PPO network (no Full HMO)
7% Commission for September 2022 Effective Dates with 5+ Enrolling
Anthem is offering a 7% commission rate* on new medical business for the life of the case** when you sell any new small group with 5 or more enrolled employees for September 2022 effective dates.
- A Small Group consists of 1-100 eligible employees.
- New Small Business Group employees are those who have the same enrollment effective date as the employer group's original Anthem effective date (i.e. if an employer group's original effective date is 9/15/22, then the members must also have an effective date of 9/15/22).
- Commission percentage is based on the number of enrolled employees with Anthem medical plans.
- Excludes Anthem Balanced Funded groups.
- Appointed agents must be in good standing with a current, signed Anthem agent contract and valid license on file.
- Qualified business will include business sold through a General Agent partner or direct to Anthem.
*7% flat up to $1M annualized premium, then .8% above $1M.
**If an Agent of Record change occurs, the commission will automatically update to the standard 5% flat up $1M annualized premium, then .8% above $1M.
**If the book of business is transferred, commission will automatically update to the standard 5% flat up to $1M annualized premium, then .8% above $1M.
**The 7% schedule applies only as long as the group stays enrolled in an Anthem Small Group ACA medical plan.
For questions or help with an Anthem Blue Cross quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.