Anthem Blue Cross announced rate updates for October 1, 2018 effective dates, with no changes to plan benefits. All rates are available for quoting.
Medical quarterly rate change:
- PPO: 0.4% increase
- HMO: 3.1% decrease
Anthem Blue Cross has been extremely consistent with a net change of 3.5% for PPO plans and -3.8% for HMO plans since January 1, 2017.
Dental: RATE PASS
Vision: RATE PASS
Life: RATE PASS
Anthem has extended their current underwriting promotions through December 15, 2018.
- NEW! 25% participation for groups of 5 or more subscribers enrolled
- 65% participation for groups of 4 or fewer subscribers enrolled
- DE9C not required for groups of 6 or more subscribers enrolled, excludes virgin groups
- Dual HMO Network option available
- Individual coverage both on and off Exchange is a valid waiver
- Same-day turnaround for new business enrollment
DON'T FORGET SPECIALTY!
Specialty Guideline Updates:
- No DE9C required when placing specialty lines only
- 24-month rate guarantee (7/1/18 - 12/15/18 effective dates) applies to new Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- Rate reduction statewide for Dental Complete PPO plans effective 7/1/18
- NEW! 25% participation for groups of 2 or more subscribers enrolled
- No waiting periods for Employer Sponsored plans (minimum of 2 enrolled)
- 5% bundling discounts when placing new dental plus any additional line of specialty
Easily add specialty to existing medical coverage with the simplified Specialty Benefit Modification form! Renewal dates sync at the next medical renewal.
October book rates for Anthem Blue Cross are provided below and available on the B&P website.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.