Anthem Blue Cross Small Group employees who previously declined coverage have another chance to enroll for January 1, 2020 benefits under a Special Open Enrollment. That's because a new law (CA Senate Bill 78 or SB78) requires Californians to have a qualifying health care plan throughout the year. SB78 goes into effect January 1. And those who don't comply could face a penalty, unless they qualify for an exemption.
Here's who can take part in Anthem's Special Open Enrollment:
- Employees and/or their dependents who declined coverage are eligible.
- Currently enrolled employees can enroll their dependents.
- Currently enrolled employees can't make plan changes.
Here's what to do
- Complete the 2020 employee application and note at the top that this is for Special Open Enrollment as part of SB78. Employees can choose only from plans currently offered by the group. They get a Summary of Benefits and Coverage and other info as usual from their employer.
- Email applications to Enrollment and Billing at [email protected]. Submit applications no later than January 31, 2020. The effective date can only be January 1, 2020.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.