HealthCare Partners/HCP has or may be terminating its contracts with certain hospitals and/or medical group partners. As a result, Anthem Blue Cross members enrolled in Commercial HMO/POS and Medicare Advantage HMO plans; and, assigned to HealthCare Partners will no longer have access to the providers listed below if the termination(s) occur. The entities and respective termination dates are as follows:
- HCP / Memorial Care Hospitals - contract terminated effective 1/1/2020
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
- HCP / Adventist Health Glendale – potential contract termination effective 2/29/2020
- HCP / Emanate Health Hospitals – potential contract termination effective 3/31/2020
- Emanate Health Foothill Presbyterian Hospital
- Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital
- Emanate Health Queen of the Valley Hospital
- HCP / City of Hope Foundation - potential contract termination effective 4/1/2020
Anthem provided an FAQ document regarding this provider update. Of note within the FAQ is the following on how members are affected:
1. How do these terminations affect the contract with Anthem?
There is no affect. Anthem still contracts with both HealthCare Partners and these providers.
2. What does the termination mean for HCP members?
Anthem members who currently have HCP as their medical group can either 1) remain with HCP and request they have the medical group direct them to other contracting facilities, or 2) they can change their PCP and medical group to one that contracts with the HCP terminating facility according to the terms of their employer group and/or the members’ EOC. If the member has any questions or wants to change their PCP, they can call the Anthem toll-free customer service number, 1-844-971-0117, or the toll-free number on the back of their ID card and our customer service representatives will be able to assist.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.